The Fellowship Programme of Azim Premji Foundation aims to give a hands-on, enriching experience of the school education system to people coming from diverse domains and professions.
During this comprehensive 2-year programme, we will focus on:
- Hands-on teaching at government schools in the blocks of a district
- Deep immersion in education to kindle, develop and build fellow’s perspectives
- Participation in the activities of the District Institute (DI) where you are placed
Year 2 activities will be spent in preparing for a suitable role that a fellow might choose in the DI after the completion of the Fellowship Programme.
During this two year period Foundation will provide opportunities to build an understanding in the area of education through teaching and through various opportunities that exist in the Foundation. Every Fellow will be actively mentored and will benefit from hands-on experience of working in the field.
Fellow will be posted to rural districts of the six states and one union territory that we work out of. They are expected to be prepared to live and work in rural environments which provides an important exposure to challenging living conditions of that terrain. Fellows will be posted to interior districts of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Puducherry, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Telangana.
We welcome young and bright people from a variety of backgrounds with willingness to explore the social sector and a deep desire to contribute to the education space.
Individuals are eligible to apply if they have:
- 3 to 10 years of work experience.
- A post-graduate or a professional degree in any discipline.
- Proficiency in local languages (Hindi or Kannada or Tamil or Telugu)
We recommend interested applicants to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The application for Fellowship Programme 2017 has now been closed. Do write to email@example.com for any queries