If you want to improve school education, join us
- Contributing to education requires a good foundation and long term commitment
Improving school education requires a lifelong commitment. Our Fellowship can be your first step towards such a life and will help you build a solid base.
- Our Fellowship programme helps you understand school education and get ready to bring about change
Our prospective Fellows are dissatisfied with the current state of the public school education system and are looking for opportunities to improve things on the ground. The Fellowship is designed to provide deep immersion into teaching-learning, the school education system and its core issues. This systematic immersion will help you initiate change in the education system and live your dreams.
Our 2-year Fulltime Fellowship Programme:
Provides opportunities to build understanding on how change in education can happen. You will build this understanding through hands on teaching, by engaging in educational dialogue and by directly participating in a range of activities designed to bring change. Every Fellow will be actively mentored.
Fellows will be posted in the rural districts of the six states and one Union territory that we work out of. They are expected to commit to a life which is seemingly rough but very rewarding - gaining important and exciting insights about the people of that terrain and their lives. Living and pursuing such a life is integral to the change.
Fellows will be posted to the interior districts of Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Puducherry, Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttarakhand.
- Hands-on teaching experience for 120 days at a government school in the block of a district
- Understanding the ecosystem of a school engaging with the teachers, community, and education functionaries
- Constantly exploring issues of education through reading, writing and dialoging with your colleagues
- Each Fellow will be actively mentored by experienced members of the Foundation
All the activities of Year 1 will continue and additional activities will be taken up in preparing for a suitable role that a Fellow might choose in the District Institute once the Fellowship Programme is completed.
A consolidated monthly stipend of Rs.30,000 (inclusive of all benefits) would be paid to each Fellow during the 2 year program. Statutory deductions will apply.
We welcome young and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds. Individuals are eligible to apply if they have:
- A minimum of 3 to 10 years of work experience
- A regular post-graduate degree or a professional degree (B.Tech/MBA/or Equivalent) in any discipline
- Proficiency in local languages (Hindi, Kannada, Tamil or Telugu)
We recommend interested applicants to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The applications for the Fellowship Programme 2018 are now closed.
The application will be open again next year.
Important Dates and Information
- Written tests are being held on 5th and 12th November,2017 at different cities across India
- Mail notifications with admit cards have been sent to the suitable candidates
- Applicants who qualify the written test will be invited for personal interviews to be held at multiple locations from December 11 to 15, 2017. Interview locations will be communicated at a later point of time)