The Fellowship Programme of Azim Premji Foundation aims to give a hands on, enriching experience of the school education system to people coming from diverse domains and professions.
During this comprehensive 2-year programme, we will focus:
or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Where will I live and work?
Your location of work will be in one of the blocks of the District Institute and the same will be communicated to you closer to the date of your joining.
5. Since I will be working in rural India, do I need to know the local language?
Yes, it is very important to be able to read and write in the local language. For example if you are posted to Sirohi District Institute, you need to be able to read and write in Hindi
6. What support will i receive during the programme?
Each Fellow will have mentors assigned to him / her during the Fellowship period. Fellows will receive continuous support from these mentors and from the Fellowship Team.
7. What opportunities will be available after I complete the programme?
There will be opportunities to work with Azim Premji Foundation after the successful completion of two year programme.
8. Will I receive a stipend?
Yes. A monthly stipend of Rs. 28,800- per month (all inclusive) will be offered.
On the successful completion of the programme, you may be offered employment opportunities in the Foundation, at an appropriate compensation package in line with the Foundation’s practice.
9. Will there be training before I start work in rural India?
Yes. Please read About the Programme for more details.
10. Where will the training take place?
The initial 2 weeks induction would be in Bengaluru. The subsequent sessions and the field posting would be in the District Institutes.
11. Will you provide accommodation during the training period?
Accommodation would be provided for the initial 2 weeks of induction at Bengaluru.
12. Can I leave the Fellowship in-between the 2 year program?
In case you wish to discontinue, you can leave the Fellowship program after completing the 1st year or after completing the 2nd year The Fellow can leave in-between also after serving the appropriate notice period.
13. Am I entitled for any leave during the Fellowship period?
Fellows are entitled to 12 days leave per year on a pro-rata basis, and this will accrue @ 1 day per month at the end of each month.
14. How many days do I need to work in a week?
District Institutes work Monday to Saturday, the timings and date also varies across locations.
15. Do fellows receive a certificate or acknowledgment after completing the Fellowship?
Yes, upon completing either 1 year or the full 2 years of Fellowship Programme successfully the Fellows would receive a certificate.
16. . When will the program commence?
Likely to commence in March 2017
17. How do I apply for the Fellowship Programme?
You are required to apply through the online application form only. The application form requires details of your academic background, relevant work experience and required personal details for processing.