The Fellowship Programme of Azim Premji Foundation aims to give an educational and social sector experience to a diverse range people from a variety of backgrounds.
This rigorous 2-year programme comprises:
4. Where will I live and work?
Fellows will be based in the District Institutes of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Puducherry, Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttarakhand.
5. Since I will be working in rural India, do I need to know the local language?
Yes, it is very important for the Fellows to be able to converse in the local language. Knowledge of Tamil/Telugu/Hindi/Kannada is required, based on place of posting.
6. What support will i receive during the programme?
Each Fellow will have mentors assigned to him / her during the fellowship period. Fellows will receive continuous support from these mentors and from the fellowship team.
7. What opportunities will be available after I complete the programme?
There will be opportunities to work with Azim Premji Foundation after successful completion of two year programme.
8. Will I receive a stipend?
Yes. The stipend amount will be Rs. 27000/- per month (Provident Fund, Medical-Life- Personal Accident Insurance benefits are in addition. Taxes would be deducted as applicable). On your successful completion of the programme, you may be offered employment opportunities in the Foundation, at an appropriate compensation package in line with the Foundation’s practice.
9. Will there be training before I start work in rural India?
Yes. Read Fellowship Programme for more details.
10. Where will the training take place?
The initial 2 weeks induction would be in Bengaluru. The subsequent sessions and the field posting would be in the District Institutes.
11. Will you provide accommodation during the training period?
Accommodation would be provided for the initial 2 weeks of induction at Bengaluru.
12. Can I leave the Fellowship in-between the 2 year program?
In case you wish to discontinue, you can leave the Fellowship program after completing the 1st year.
13. Am I entitled for any leave during the Fellowship period?
Fellows are entitled to 12 days leave per year on a pro-rata basis, and this will accrue @ 1 day per month at the end of each month.
14. How many days do I need to work in a week?
Typically from Monday to Saturday which varies across locations.
15. Do fellows receive a certificate or acknowledgment after completing the Fellowship?
Yes, upon completing either 1 year or the full 2 years of Fellowship Programme successfully the Fellows would receive a certificate.
16. When will the program commence?
December 14, 2015
Stage 1: Online Assessment - September 13 / 20, 2015
Stage 2: Personal Interviews - Week of September 28, 2015
The Fellows participate in an online course “Deepening Perspectives in Education” which comprises of modules such as ‘children and childhood’, ‘teachers and teaching’, ‘school’, ‘school systems’ and ‘community’.
The Fellows are involved in their 10 month project on various topics such as: