Resource Person (Library)
The role requires support in the Library function. The work involves undertaking various library science related activities as well as coordinating and supporting all the APF District Institute libraries
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support Azim Premji University Library core activities- Cataloging, Circulation, Procurement
- Support Library services activities- Sourcing articles & books, Reference services, creating bibliographies etc.
- Support APU Library management activities- Collection development, books & articles on demand
- Coordinating with the APF Field institute libraries for cataloging, procurement, reference services, collection development (books & journals), bibliographies.
- Supporting the Foundation libraries in any other work.
- Support the work of Knowledge portal- Sourcing articles, research papers, working papers etc. for building learning repository.
- Coordinating with vendors.
- Supporting the library team in upkeep and management of the library premise.
- Any other work assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
- M.L.I.ScAdditional qualification but not necessary
3-7 years (minimum 3 years of core library experience)
- Experience in working at the with developmental organization would be preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of International and National Cataloging system
- Prior working experience of various library software (e.g KOHA)
- Knowledge of various library services
- Requires travel to various Foundation locations, partner locations for 10%-20% of the time
- Openness to learning
- Ability to coordinate with various members
- Ability to read and understand both English & Hindi
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working on MS Office ( MS Word, Excel & Power point Intermediate level)
- Willingness to travel to rural locations
Currently, there are no open positions for this role.
Our next online test for School Teachers & Resource Persons is on October 23, 2021.
Apply by October 14th to be shortlisted, and eligible for this test. Applications received after 14th October will be considered for the next test only.
Written Tests for Field Resource Person and School Teacher positions
Cut- off dates for applications for each test, will be published in advance. For shortlisted candidates, the written tests will be conducted in a digital mode or physical, where required. Those facing difficulties of digital access will get a chance to do the test physically at test centers in multiple locations where feasible. The results of the most recently held tests will be shared on the participants registered email ids. Respective state teams will also get in touch with selected candidates for the next step of interviews.
To know more and apply for the Resource Person position, click here
To know more and apply for the School Teacher position, click here
To know more about the selection process for Field Positions – School Teacher/Resource Person click here