The Fellowship Journey
- You will be placed in a school in one of our locations where you will engage with teachers, community and education functionaries.
- You will be teaching in a dedicated classroom for atleast 150 days. You will also get to experience our work throughout the year. [Learn more about our work here]
- You will build your understanding by reading and discussing on the issues of education.
We welcome passionate people from a variety of backgrounds. Individuals are eligible to apply if they have:
- 4 to 10 years of work experience.
- Degree in any discipline.
- Proficiency in English and any one of the local languages (Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu).
- Applicants need to be below 35 years of age, willing to travel within the district and ready to be posted in the districts we work in.
To know more about the Programme we encourage you to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Post completion of the Fellowship, Fellows can continue to work with the Azim Premji Foundation in various capacities.
We need passionate and committed individuals to work with us towards our vision of a just and equitable society. In the past more than 80% of our Fellows have decided to stay back with Azim Premji Foundation and contribute to the public education system. They have been placed in one of our District Institutes.
Many who decided to part ways continue to contribute to the development sector by either working for a not-for-profit or supporting a cause while pursuing their corporate career.