If you have a passion for social change, deep interest in teaching and aspiration to work with teachers, we invite you to join us as Associates, leading to full-time positions in our organization.
As an Associate, you will be immersed in the realities of school education in rural India, and should be prepared to:
- Work closely with teachers, to improve teaching practices
- Develop learning material for children and teachers
- Conduct research on issues related to classroom and teaching-learning processes
Your journey as an Associate, will help you develop a deep understanding of what education really means and the ability to help schools in improving the quality of education imparted.
Your First year at the Foundation
The purpose of the Associate programme is to help you to develop yourself to become teacher educators. The one-year programme will broadly consist of two components:
- Teaching in a government school (80% time)
- Experiencing the work and realities of a teacher is fundamental to being able to help a teacher build her capacities. Therefore, our programme will focus on giving you this experience.
- This will require adequate preparation before you go to school, and significant support (from mentors and peers) through the months of teaching.
- It will also need a process to distill your learning about teaching-learning processes, about children, about teachers and the school, which you can carry forward in your role.
- Supporting Teacher Professional Development programmes of District Institute (20% time)
- As you become more familiar with the role of a teacher, you could begin learning on-the-job by apprenticing with some of our senior academic and block members, in conducting events such as voluntary teacher forums or workshops
After the completion of one year, you will continue to work at District Institutes and will continue to engage with the school and community system.
- You have a postgraduate degree (M.A. /M.Sc) or an Integrated postgraduate degree (5 years course directly after 12 grade) in the following subjects: Mathematics, Sciences, Social Science or Languages.
- Or B.Tech./M.Tech and interested to work on Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- Or M.Phil. /Ph.D. in sciences and humanities.
- You should have completed your post-graduation or M.Phil./Ph.D. or B.Tech/M.Tech. in 2018 or going to complete it in 2019.
- Open to work in the districts of Karnataka, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana and Puducherry.
- Proficiency in local language.
Salary and Location of Posting
You will receive a monthly gross salary of Rs. 29,000/- and additional benefits. You will be posted in districts of Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Telangana or Puducherry. For M.Phil. / Ph.D. candidates the salary offers will be made after the selection.