If you have a passion for social change, a deep interest in teaching, and an aspiration to work with teachers, we invite you to join us as Associate Resource Person, leading to full-time positions in our organization.
As an Associate Resource Person, you will be immersed in the realities of school education in rural India and should be prepared to:
- Work closely with government schoolteachers, to improve teaching practices
- Develop learning material for children and teachers
- Conduct research on issues related to classroom and teaching-learning processes
After the completion of one year, you will continue to work at one of our District Institutes in the States we work in, and will continue to engage with the school and teachers
Your first year at the Foundation
The purpose of the Associate Resource Person Programme is to help you to develop yourself to become a Resource Person in the Field, working with Government schools and teachers. The one-year programme will broadly consist of two components:
- Experiencing teaching in a government school (80% of your time)
- Experience the work and realities of a teacher, - which is fundamental to being able to help a teacher build their capacities.
- Prepare adequately before you go to the school where you will work, with significant support from mentors and peers, through these months.
- It includes a process to distil your learning about teaching-learning processes, about children, about teachers and the school, which you can carry forward in your role.
- Supporting Teacher Professional Development programmes of our District Institutes (20% of your time)
- As you become more familiar with the role of a teacher, you could begin learning on-the-job by apprenticing with some of our senior academic and Block members, in conducting events for capacity enhancement of government teachers.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- Postgraduates 2024 graduates only in Physics, Chemistry, Biology English, Hindi, History, Political Science, Geography, Mathematics, Education, Development, Child Development, Social Work with Early Childhood Education specialization, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology and Sociology
- Proficient in the local language – Hindi or Kannada, - in addition to knowing English
- Open to work in the districts of Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand
Salary and Location of Posting
You will receive a monthly gross salary of Rs. 36,000/- and additional benefits. Taxes and statutory deductions will apply. You will be posted in districts of Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.