If you have passion for social change, deep interest in teaching and aspiration to work with teachers, we invite you to join us as Associates, leading to full-time positions in our organization.
As an Associate, you will be immersed in the realities of school education in rural India, and should be prepared to:
- Work closely with teachers, to improve teaching practices
- Develop learning material for children and teachers
- Conduct research on issues related to classroom and teaching-learning processes
Your journey as an Associate, will help you develop a deep understanding of what education really means and the ability to help in improving the quality of education in Government Schools.
Your First year at the Foundation
The purpose of the Associate Programme is to help you to develop yourself to become Teacher Educators. The one-year Programme will broadly consist of two components:
- Teaching in a government school (80% of your time)
- Experiencing the work and realities of a teacher is fundamental to being able to help a teacher build her capacities. Therefore, our programme will focus on giving you this experience.
- This will require adequate preparation before you go to school, and significant support (from mentors and peers) through the months of teaching.
- It will also need a process to distill your learning about teaching-learning processes, about children, about teachers and the school, which you can carry forward in your role.
- Supporting Teacher Professional Development programmes of District Institute (20% of your time)
- As you become more familiar with the role of a teacher, you could begin learning on-the-job by apprenticing with some of our senior academic and block members, in conducting events for capacity enhancement of government teachers.
After the completion of one year, you will continue to work at one of our District Institutes and will continue to engage with the school and community system.
Please check the eligibility below and also visit FAQ
As it would not be possible to visit every campus across India and conduct on-campus selection, this online application process is for students who are not able to participate in our on-campus process. Written test for students who apply online, would be after January 2020. Details will be shared with shortlisted applicants 30 days before the test.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Have Postgraduates (MA/MSc) or Integrated Postgraduate Degree in Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, English, Hindi, Geography, History or Political Science (Full time and regular courses only)
- Or have B.Tech./M.Tech and interested to work on Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- Completing the course in 2020
- Open to work in the districts of Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttarakhand.
- Proficiency in local language (Hindi/Kannada/Telugu).
Salary and Location of Posting
You will receive a monthly gross salary of Rs. 31,000/- and additional benefits. Taxes and statutory deductions will apply. You will be posted in districts of Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttarakhand.